Sunday, November 25, 2007

Patriots Keep Your Eye On The Prize

Well here I am getting ready for week 12 of the NFL football season. Being an rabid N.E. Patriots fan I can hardly wait for tonight's match-up against the Eagles. What I can wait for is all the pre-game discussion on every channel, by every analyst, pondering the question: "Will the Patriots go undefeated this year?"

I say "WHO GIVES A CRAP!"

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see my Pats go undefeated this season, not only because it would be a great accomplishment, but I also think Don Shula and his 1972 Dolphins are getting a little long in the tooth to be doing all their "we were undefeated" celebrating every year.

What everyone should know, and every football analyst should point out, is the only thing that counts is to go undefeated after December 31. That's when the playoffs start and that is the only time being undefeated counts. After all, only the teams who have gone undefeated in the playoffs have won the Super Bowl.

Let's keep our "eye on the prize" and take an undefeated season as "icing on the cake."

No comments: